Description Rob Winch In this specific instance I see the following in my Maven Console for over 10 minutes. I also took a thread dump attached to determine if another plugin was causing deadlock, but did not see this to be the case.
Attempting to stop the job does not terminate the "Updating Maven Dependencies" and the Eclipse UI is still responsive. Someone on stackoverflow had a similar issue and stated it was related to a misconfigured proxy .
I am behind a proxy, but even if this is the case I would expect a timeout to occur after a certain amount of time. As mentioned previously, I took a heap dump and attached it to this issue. Comment 2 Igor Fedorenko Comment 3 Rob Winch I was able to reproduce the issue with eclipse-j2ee-helious-sr2 with m2eclipse and m2e.
I have attached a new zip containing both my Eclipse Configuration and the thread dump. This time running the hang occurred when downloading http: An hour later it was still hung. When trying to close Eclipse, it continues to hang and must be forcibly closed. A few observations on reproducing the issue.
If desired, within the next few days I could attempt to find the time to create a dummy multi module build that reproduces this issue and submit it.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide. Initially I thought the issue was fixed because I noticed the stacks changed from org. However, this does not appear to be happening. Regards, Rob Comment 4 Igor Fedorenko From my experience, springsource repository tends to be unreliable, but m2e obviously need to handle this better.
Comment 5 jfarcand I suspect it may be an NIO bugs I know it will not be simple. I will do my best to try and isolate it a bit, but I think the best I will be able to do is create a project that reproduces the issue. I have seen this occur on Windows 7 as well. Thanks again for the excellent support, Rob Comment 7 jfarcand The fix is in AHC 1. I will be sure to try the patch as soon as it is posted.
I know you might have already figured it out, but I thought I would post an update in hopes that my efforts could help in some way. Here is my status on isolating a test case I played around with this a bit this weekend, but I'm not entirely sure I have created a project that isolates the issue. The multi module build that I can reproduce this issue with is commercial, so I cannot share it. Additionally, it is very large, so isolating the issue takes quite a bit of time since each trial involves re-downloading the entire maven repository.
I have confirmed that this issue is reproducible even when I am not behind a proxy. However, I am not convinced it is entirely deterministic. The other possibility is that the build is just very slow. It then hangs for at least another 20 minutes with the following tasks displayed in Eclipse or something very similar: However, it did not download all the dependencies.
Refreshing the dependencies at that point produced a very quick retrieval of the dependencies that were missing and the project built just fine. I removed everything from my repository and let it run again this morning behind the proxy and it hung for over an hour. Unfortunately I cannot submit this project since it still had some stuff in it that could identify the company i.
The build worked, but it ran over night, so it may be that the builds are just really slow. As far as I know, I have no way to see how long it took since in the new version of the plugin the Maven console does not output the download times.
All my eclipse and OS information is the same as the previous posting Comment 9 Paul Tatavu Please re-open this bug if you can reproduce it with the new m2e. Comment 10 Pascal Rapicault